SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I love PO wiring :rolleyes:

Apparently over the last 28 years every time something was done the guy just pulled in more wiring and never pulled the old crap

Keep in mind this boat just has 6 switch's controlling running lights and a a cabin light :eek:

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Nice... he used Wire Nuts on a j24...

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I can feel your pain. We just finished rewiring the Smacktanic. it was the same thing - two switch panels and wire everywhere - and nothing worked. The running lights were actually direct wired to the battery with gator clips. Pathetic. Now we've got it all squared away (using the original wiring - go figure) and even have the instruments working again - first time in 15 years or so.

It's so cool when you throw those switches after wiring everything and see it actually come on for the first time since Franklin.

Now I just need a SolarStik. I hear those things put out like 300 amps per hour!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worse yet i still have some freaky ground loop thing going on with the sailcomp ,It works correctly when i turn on the nav lights.

BUT the good new is after using cleaner on the plugs the long dead backlight came back to life

1 - 4 of 4 Posts