SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,446 Posts
Reaction score
Don't leave your new crimper on the boat, rust will destroy it.
I mounted the float switch about two inches higher than the pump in an effort to reduce cycling due to back flow. The pump is mounted on a 1/4 starboard with 5200 securing it in place. The float switch is siliconed directly to the bilge surface. I did not want to puncture the fiberglass surface of the bilge.
John

· Registered
1,446 Posts
Reaction score
When I was sailing my 22'er I had a pretty big bilge pump mounted on a board with hoses pre sized and attached. When I needed to pump the bilge mechanically in earnest, (only one time) I put the pump onto the floor of the cockpit and could sit and pump taking turns left hand-right hand. Really helps on the fatigue factor. I could also turn it around and pump inside the cabin and discharge overboard. I'm thinking that I need to replace my old bulkhead mounted manual pump and will probably go that route again. That way I won't compromise the electric pumps plumbing. I could also use it for deck discharge of the holding tank. Much more flexible that a fixed mounting.
John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.