SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
My name is Arthur. I live in Holland (the Netherlands). I became a member because this way I want to see if I can find people especially from the USA who can help me find a repo or auctioned sailboat 40 to 45 feet. I am browsing the whole internet but do no get very far.
I would appreciate a helping hand and I know that there is one or more out
there who can help me. I would like to thank you.
Regards from me and Holland.
Arthur.;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Repossessed boats

Hi Arthur,
Welcome to Sailnet. We have a family friend from the Netherlands who lives in Deventer and I would love to help you out - unfortunately, I have had no success with internet searches either. Yachworld.com is probably the largest database of boats for sale, but no hits were found in your desired size range using keywords "repossession", "foreclosure" or "bank".

On the assumption that you wish to buy in the U.S. and sail back to the Netherlands, I presume you are wanting a "bluewater" boat and not a "coastal cruiser". This narrows your options significantly, especially for repossessions I think.

Perhaps others on this forum can provide better guidance, but good luck with your search!

Regards,
Claude

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Claude
Thank you very much for your response. If there is anything I can do for you here in Holland let me know. By the way I do not want to sail to Holland. I want to get away from the cold here. It has to be a live aboard sailboat. If find what I am looking for I will move to the carribean, most probably Curacao.
Hear from you.
Arthur

1 - 4 of 4 Posts