SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Womboat's forward hatch is twenty odd years old. Needs to be either replaced or given a thorough overhaul. Specs when we bought her said Lewmar but that is definitely incorrect.

I really do not want to have buy a new hatch at this stage of the game. Plenty of other things to spend my dosh on.

Anyone recognise the brand from the pics ? I cannot trace it thus far.

Thanks ,,,I hope !!! :)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
holly mother of cow big pics.

whats wrong with it, it looks fine, from what little bit my 17 inch screen will let me see at once

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The lower half of it definitely looks like a Lewmar product. I've got several of their older hatches and the lower half looks a lot like the ones I have.

Edit: I had a look at on the web and you may be right about it not being Lewmar -- see Lewmar Spares Their superhatch series looks a lot like this one, but the hinges are different.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lower half of it definitely looks like a Lewmar product. I've got several of their older hatches and the lower half looks a lot like the ones I have.

Edit: I had a look at on the web and you may be right about it not being Lewmar -- see Lewmar Spares Their superhatch series looks a lot like this one, but the hinges are different.
Yep, it does ....close but alas the cigar is being withheld...

My guess is that it was intended to be very much a Lewmar lookalike but its not the real deal. Handles are wrong as well.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
OK, it's not a Goiot (which I thought at first), and it's not an Atkins and Hoyle (what I have and very common around here) and it doesn't appear to be a Hood or a Bomar hatch. Or a Vetus, for that matter.

The handles look familiar, however. They are very much like the handles on my opening forward "windscreen" in my pilothouse, but I'll be dammed if I can remember the make of that.

Anyway, I know what it isn't, and that might be helpful.

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Whats wrong with it?

My 30 year hatch is covered w 'crazing'. Great for antique cups and I've been told to leave it. Its still very strong and does not leak. Is that the problem w yours? Is it just a matter of the seal or worse?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts