SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to the string we had going? Seems like it has been deleted from Sailnet.
Wish I still had some of the email addresses of the participants, it was getting interesting.

Anyway, I''m still looking for and enjoying advice from other sailors (male and female).
As a "newbie" I''m very excited about sailing, but need all the insight I can get.
Eventually I want to liveaboard. Any other single folks have any advice to offer about that? Any good books that you enjoyed, that helped you with your adventure?

I hope to go to the Sail Only boat show in Miami in February, but don''t know yet if that will be possible.

Take care!

Wildheart

· Registered
20 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Women''''s Sailing Experiences

No, Wildheart is not the name of my boat (only because I haven''t been lucky enough to buy one yet).

I''m seriously looking at a Catalina 30, and will likely make some decision in the next couple of weeks.

With this cold, dreary weather in Georgia, it''s nice to dream about being somewhere warm,out on the water.

This will really be a new adventure for me, one I''m very much looking forward to.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Wildheart001

· Registered
20 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Women''''s Sailing Experiences

Erika: Hello from Georgia. No, I don''t know anything about precision boats. I am very much in the learning stage on all of this, even though I''ve wanted to be involved in it for many years. What kind of boat do you have (or what are you planning to buy)? Where will you be sailing?

You are lucky to have your two kids to sail with you. What fun! They''ll always remember the good times you have on the water together.

And Holly, I''m sorry I didn''t respond sooner, I''ve been out of town on business this week. How I wish I could have learned to sail when I was as young as you are. Does your family have a boat? Where do you go sailing? Do you have brothers and sisters to sail with?

Take care!

Wildheart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.