SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Nice.

Here's another one...and why I like anchoring in a secluded spot (so no one films my screw-ups):

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
If you want to be humbled, come to my marina which is half pleasure boats, and half working shrimp trawlers. And, then watch the old salts back these single screw trawlers, that have no bow thrusters, into impossibly tight slips, like the boats are on underwater rails guiding them in, never touching a piling or pier as they tie up. :D

Several are directly across from us, and every time I see one come in with high cross winds, I think, "This is going to be tough," and every time they still just grease the thing in. :D

·
Administrator
7,961 Posts
Heres a few guys who have most aspects of docking down pat...

Reactions: jrd22

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If you want to see all sorts of new anchoring techniques, just come to the Chicago Air Show sometime.

This power boat was just driving around with its anchor down looking for a nice spot. It has just hooked the anchor of this sailboat. Not 10 minutes before, they hooked our anchor. They ended up just rafting off the sailboat, and for all I know now they are best friends, so what do I know.

Nice.

Here's another one...and why I like anchoring in a secluded spot (so no one films my screw-ups):

sailing problem - YouTube

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts