SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow..is all I can say!!

I have no interest in this what so ever, but I thought you may want to know!!

I bought a whole bunch of stuff from Sailnet, for peanuts!! Thank you..

Look at this!

I called Sailnet, because the site is a bit complicated, so I just called...instead of going online...used the 800 number..and online, to see the products I wanted..

I got to talk to Rob Proctor, about many things, and bought a few things too..what a nice guy...

I got an S1 AutoPilot to give as a gift for a friend for $749.00!!!

really see here

I got a GPS antenna I wanted for $283.00 $20 bucks cheaper than most places I saw, see here....

and a auto pilot remote for $483.00 see here!!

Couldn't be happier...

I encourage you to call and buy stuff from them, they will appreciate, are very corteous, and pay for our site, anyway...so ...why not?

·
Seattle Sailor
192 Posts
I too got some pretty good deals on Lewmar rope clutches last week, although they haven't been shipped yet, so I will reserve the effusive praise until they arrive.

Overall, I have been pleasantly surprised by the prices on Sailnet. I agree with you that the web site is not very good, certainly compared to other sailing sites, but if you can find what you want, the prices have been at least competitive, and often better than elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
wow alex i need a friend like you. i need an auto pilot but they are out of my range, but i now know where to get it is if i win the lottery.

i do plan on buying stuff here, but i have not had the need to YET!

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I'd agree and have had very good luck with getting some of the gear I've needed via sailnet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Every time I've tried to use the SailNet online store, response time was s.o..o..o very s..l..o..w and the searches turned up matches that were just goofy that I've given up and gone to Defender.

Perhaps I should be a little more persistent...

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Please note that the OP CALLED SAILNET...and did not use their website, which blows chunks...
Every time I've tried to use the SailNet online store, response time was s.o..o..o very s..l..o..w and the searches turned up matches that were just goofy that I've given up and gone to Defender.

Perhaps I should be a little more persistent...

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
So the question is "why are the fine people at Sailnet having to close their sales over the phone?"

I haven't heard one positive thing about their online shopping experience...except the prices. For me, that would be the important thing, because I usually do my research on gear I buy from multiple sources. But not everyone has the time, skills or inclination to do that.

EDIT: OK, I just looked at the site. It seems pretty straightforward, but I didn't buy anything because I went to the boat show in January and there's a long list of things I still need to install.

What is the actual beef with the site? The presentation or the functionality, like "checking out"?

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Lots of beefs with the store.

• The search function blows big chunks;
  • it is pretty slow in terms of response times;
  • item descriptions are usually "for more information see this webpage"...so you have to go to a different website to get any specifications;
  • the related products at the bottom of the page are based on what other people bought rather than what would be useful with the item you're looking at;
  • the shopping cart can crash fairy frequently—making it so you have to re-enter your order;
  • there's no way to add multiple items by SKU or stock number;
  • you can only look at the "grid" format page—which is both bandwidth intensive and requires a lot of scrolling; etc.

·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so what?? Are you guys crazy???

Just call the damn guys on the phone and ask, order,buy!!!!

Worked for me didn't it????

Damn it..how lazy are you guys, you don't know how to pick up a phone???

Too lazy yo push 1800 SAILNET

Good Lord

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Thanks for letting me know Giu. I need so many things still.

·
'87 Pearson 27'
513 Posts
Thanks Alex. I went on to the link you set up and it logged me on to your account so i ordered a few things. ScottyT, yours will arrive soon. Man that Alex is a good guy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts