SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going ahead and putting a request out here and on a few other sites for these items. Next season (2015) I plan on adding a cabin heater and I would like to use the removable ABI designed "Charlie Noble" smoke stack, along with the deck plate that's made to go with it. Unfortunately ABI is dearly departed and I did not plan ahead enough to buy one before they closed down an stick it in a locker until I needed it.

I know that there are adapters that can be used with other smokestacks with a 3" pipe, so the main thing I need, if I can only have one, it is the deck plate.

So, if anyone has either of these items that they are willing to part with, or has seen one sitting in a consignment ship recently, post a reply or send me a PM.

The part number for the deck plate is ABI #120242

The smoke stack part number is ABI #120010

Thanks for any help! (I know it's a long shot...)

· Registered
267 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, that's on my radar, and that's what I'll do if I can't find the ABI kit. But the ABI system is superior IMO in that it is designed to be removable (the Charlie Noble) and the through deck system seals up with a standard 3" deckplate.

This hardware is pretty heavy duty. I can't imagine that there isn't one around out there in a scrap yard, consignment shop or someones garage, that is in good enough shape, even if it's pretty old. So, I'll keep looking until I find one or it's time to put in my diesel heater system, whichever comes first.

If I don't find one, I'm pretty sure I can take the item you linked and turn it into a serviceable solution.

Thanks!

-Argyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.