SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
美国华人, 帆船
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just notices that my rating went up from 6 to 8, WTF... :D I know that it is a BS factor, but nevertheless. I have not been here for aged, I found other forum give me more connections to off shore sailing that I love.

How do I find out who gave me the rating? so I can give them a thanks.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hurry up and cash them in before anyone notices!

Reactions: Skipper Jer

·
19,485 Posts
In your 'User CP" you can see if someone gave you 'rep points'.. but other than that it's probably just time working on your side - and you haven't been around to tick anybody off! ;)

·
美国华人, 帆船
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It is all in appreciation of your awesomness, dude!
Thanks for saying this. :)

But I actually suck in the forum and will never be the part of the Good ol' boy in Sailnet. I don't have a boat, I don't really know anything, I bump a ride from here and there. I sail other person's boat from the scariest to the most magnificent sailing yachts. I have sailed with from the clueless captains/owners to the best skillful captain. After more than 10,000 nm off shore in four years and in every case, I leaned and I learned some more. It is a good thing that I have no one to answer to, except to the awesome power of the seas. :)

Thanks Krisscross :)

·
Don't call me a "senior"!
968 Posts
I just notices that my rating went up from 6 to 8, WTF... :D I know that it is a BS factor, but nevertheless. ...
Maybe the ADMIN is a fan of Edgar Allen Poe (see "The Tell-Tale Heart", paragr.3);

"Now this is the point. You fancy me mad. Madmen know nothing. But you should have seen me. You should have seen how wisely I proceeded - with what caution - with what foresight - with what dissimulation I went to work! I was never kinder to the old man than during the whole week before I killed him..."

Reactions: Brewgyver

·
Registered
86 Posts
Clay,

Is the "unofficial" get together open to person(s) with zero rep points?
I'm starting to line up my vacation days over the summer and wouldn't want to miss it.

Is there an official get together as well?

·
Captain Obvious
2,424 Posts
You get points for coming back. The key to all forums is to take the good and leave the bad. You are an interesting poster and I am glad to read this.

·
美国华人, 帆船
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You get points for coming back. The key to all forums is to take the good and leave the bad. You are an interesting poster and I am glad to read this.
Hahaha... you have no idea how mean they have come. Even the moderators and the owner on sailnet fear of them. They rule Sailnet, period.

Fortunately, I don't see them in the open ocean. :)

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
Ah, a post where I finally know some of the back story. Welcome back Dawg. You gotta have tough skin to throw it out there on a web forum. I notice it's worse when there's back and forth, or defending one's position. E-communication has to be the most susceptible for misinterpretation or pithiness. Anyway, I've been told that rep power has to do with how long you've been on the site. Seems everyone advances past GO and collects their $200, no matter how bad they might be....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts