SailNet Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a working Xantrex EchoCharge that I removed from the boat. Free to a good home. You cover the cost of shipping, insurance and packing.

Replies to this thread in order will determine the "winner".

Please be honest and reply only if you need and will install this equipment.

Jason

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm curious, Jason: Why are you getting rid of it? I ask because I plan to upgrade our boat to a Blue Sea switch and a Xantrex Echo Charge. (And if I'd been a few minutes quicker...)

Jim
I upgraded to a Balmar Digital Duo Charge. I preferred the ability to change the charge program for my AGM start battery, which I also use to power my windlass (high current, short cycle time). The Duo Charge provides up to 30A of current, which is somewhat higher than the Xantrex output (not sure if this is really a big advantage)

No issue or problems with the Xantrex. Just a personal preference to the Balmar unit, which I have used in the past.

Jason

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not quite the case of a positive crusing kitty, but after looking at the Xantrex for the better part of the summer on the shelf, I figured this was the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to help someone out.

Kinda, sorta maybe a 'pay it forward'. Here's hoping a 40 footer is in my slip next weekend.... :)

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Jason-

We sent you a 40' wide roll of toilet paper and asked them to leave it in your slip... did you get it??? :D

Not quite the case of a positive crusing kitty, but after looking at the Xantrex for the better part of the summer on the shelf, I figured this was the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to help someone out.

Kinda, sorta maybe a 'pay it forward'. Here's hoping a 40 footer is in my slip next weekend.... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.