SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have just hauled in Grenada and am trying to equalize my batt's before I leave the boat for the summer.
The problem is that when plugged in to shorepower and the equalising function started, the most volts shown is 14.05 and a charge current of 6.4 amps. When any electrical items are used the volts go down accordingly . Maybe thats normal . i don't know. The last time I tried to equalize I am not sure it worked , but did not have time to sort out the problem That was 4 months ago , the last time we were at a marina.

I have 6 6v T105 batts for a total of 675 amp in the house bank. Charged by a heart 20 inverter / charger. Monitored by a link 2000r.

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance, Kevin.

·
the pointy end is the bow
6,264 Posts
I wonder if the setup software got changed? I think you're supposed to enter in the type of batteries you have and the size of the bank. The 'puter has to know what you have in order to charge it correctly. I think you're also not supposed to start the equalization process until it's already been fully charged. Do you still have your documentation?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I waited until the batts were fully charged then started the equalize. The capacity is set correctly and the power share is at 30. Charged V is set at 13.2 as per the manual, and the amb temp is set for 90*F .

I am checking to see how I could set the link for an agm vs wet cell to see if that might be the culprit, but havn't found the info yet. I do have what appear to be the correct manuals , but they seem a bit vague where it counts.

Thanks for your reply, Kevin.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I waited until the batts were fully charged then started the equalize.
Kevin, check the documentation. I have strong recollection on my Xantrex mains charger instructions that before equalising, the battery water should be full and the batteries should be run right down before initiating the equalisation charge.

I suspect that your fully charged batteries are the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts