SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
If you go to the local link, you will see that the boat in question is a power yacht. The at&t page photo is shutterstock. But you gotta love the old dude with the blue blazer, ascot and yachting cap. That's how you rock the house.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
That photo doesn't appear to be an 85' boat.
That's a pic of Judge Smails (Ted Knight) in Caddyshack.

BTW: I'm launching today. Here's hoping it goes a little better.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,500 Posts
That's a pic of Judge Smails (Ted Knight) in Caddyshack.
How could anyone born since 1940 NOT know that?:confused:

Anyway, here is a pic of the actual vessel;

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
How could anyone born since 1940 NOT know that?:confused:
*raises hand* I was considering asking why he was standing there staring at water gushing up through the deck. Caddyshack was one of the (many) movies I missed.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Donna- you absolutely have got to see it! Probably Bill Murray's best performance to date..
Really? Caddyshack is considered his best? Didn't that come out almost 20 years ago?

Reactions: christian.hess

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Really? Caddyshack is considered his best? Didn't that come out almost 20 years ago?
more like 30

hardly his best in my opinion, jejeje some can say lost in translation is his best dramatic performance...

the life aquatic is my favourite "role" if you will love that movie

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
More like 30 years ago. Bill has certainly moved on to dramatic roles and more subtle comedy since, but for sheer lunacy, nothing beats his portrayal of Carl the groundskeeper.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
More like 30 years ago. Bill has certainly moved on to dramatic roles and more subtle comedy since, but for sheer lunacy, nothing beats his portrayal of Carl the groundskeeper.
I was SailNet-shamed into watching Captain Ron last year. Is Caddyshack another one that is best viewed under the influence?

Reactions: davidpm

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
YES! jajaja

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I was SailNet-shamed into watching Captain Ron last year. Is Caddyshack another one that is best viewed under the influence?
Oh, DR, how could anyone diss Captain Ron?? Kurt Russel should have taken best actor award for his out standing performance as a captain, navigator, and most important family healer.

Reactions: christian.hess
1 - 20 of 74 Posts