SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience using "yacht legs" on a PS37 (Crealock 37 design), or has anyone seen them used on this boat or very similar boats?

I want a system that allows "beaching" the boat upright where haul out isn't possible (or where it's overly expensive), and to do quick work below the waterline, such as antifouling the prop (without getting sick from diving in the polluted water around my boat).

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have never used "yacht legs" but I have run agound on an outgoing tide and watched the keel sink in a bit into loose beach pebbles leaving the boat upright with about a foot of water around the base of the keel.And there we sat until the tide returned.There was no damage to the boat except for some missing bottom paint.

Hope this helps,
Dianne and Chuck Burke C37 #139

·
Banned
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Al, Dianne, Chuck and Jay for the helpful comments. I have written to the main supplier of these legs and will let you all know what I learn. Pacific Seacraft thinks it's doable.

If anyone has seen a very similar boat (similar hull and similar size and weight) propped on these legs, please let me know. One question is where exactly to mount the legs on the hull.

·
Registered
769 Posts
We lived in the north of England for five years - Workington and Hartlepool. I saw plenty of boats with legs and even more that floated on their moorings in cradles that grounded at low tide or with double keels that sat in the mud. Look at Legs
The bottom photo shows the legs I usually saw. The bolt that holds the leg in place goes through a thru hull fitting that is capped on the inside when not in use.

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Irish Eyes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts