SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm new.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Seeking recommendations from those who have had experience with marinas capable of over-land yacht pickup and delivery. I'm needing to get quotes to move a yacht that is on the hard at a residential location to a marina in order to have the mast stepped, rigged, and the boat dropped (ever so gently) in the water. Long Island / NYC / Bronx area.

Many thanks,

K

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
I used NJ Boat Hauler, All Aboard Marine Transport, Home Page for my move from Toms River to Ocean City, NJ. When I was shopping for boats, I was ready to use them again when I was looking at boats on Long Island. They are based in Toms River, NJ, but they go all up and down the east coast. Their rates are excellent, they are NICE people, and they do a great job.

·
I'm new.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Thanks for the referral.

As an aside, I spent every day of every summer of my youth at 28th and Asbury! Good memories long since demolished and replaced with gigantic condos :)

-K

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
I spent a lot of my summers as a kid right on the other side of the 34th Street bridge, at All Seasons Marina, and one summer I was a guard at the (then newly-opened) water park.

Good luck with the boat move!

·
Registered
112 Posts
While picking up parts at Andrews Trucking in Virgil (a major boat hauler here in the North East), I overheard Glen giving advice to a customer on Long Island that would result in his saving a ton of money. The cost of permits to transit Manhattan (in the dead of night) and Long Island, could easily be avoided by dropping the boat in at some mainland marina and motoring the rest of the way. Makes sense to me. These are the kind of folks you need on your side in this type of endeavor. Call Glen and see if he has a rig backhauling from your neighborhood. All those Hinterholler, C&C, Saga, CS, Aloha, etc. etc. were trucked by ATL.
Andrews Trucking Ltd.

·
I'm new.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great tip, recommendation and insight FDR. The plan has always been to pick it up where it sits and take it to the closest marina capable of stepping the mast, checking the rigging, and launching her. The less overland miles traveled the better.

-Kyle

·
I'm new.
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spent a lot of my summers as a kid right on the other side of the 34th Street bridge, at All Seasons Marina, and one summer I was a guard at the (then newly-opened) water park.

Good luck with the boat move!
I spent many a year working for the Gillian's at both the water park and Wonderland Pier.

-K

1 - 7 of 7 Posts