SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After who knows how may years of razzing me, Jeff_H, the notorious Farr Man, has finally come clean: He likes my boat best. He told me so on the phone.

I almost feel like crying. This is a very special day for me. Thanks Jeff!!!

Here's the machine:

Of course, when I told him how my 400 loves to run in the 7's, he reminded me how his Farr runs in the 14's. He just always has to get those zingers in!

Brian

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I think that Jeff_H will deny this unless you managed to record the comment... :)

After who knows how may years of razzing me, Jeff_H, the notorious Farr Man, has finally come clean: He likes my boat best. He told me so on the phone.

I almost feel like crying. This is a very special day for me. Thanks Jeff!!!

Here's the machine:

Of course, when I told him how my 400 loves to run in the 7's, he reminded me how his Farr runs in the 14's. He just always has to get those zingers in!

Brian

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
............. and then you woke up in a cold sweat??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You must have been reading my signature and that only applies to Multi hulls.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Much less on here! Why would jeff want an overgrown barbecue any how? His is faster!

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
I reckon Jeff must have gotten into some of that pot I left over at Hawgs place.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Actually, Jeff saying he liked the Catalina 400 is probably perjury... ;)
I think Jeff is a good man..look he just did charity!!!

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,364 Posts
LOL....What I actually said is that I thought that the rig and hull design of the Catalina 400 represented a different and more modern approach than the earlier Catalinas, and as such I liked that model best of the Catalinas. So Brian is quoting me correctly but out of context.

This conversation occurred over the phone and when Brian repeated back to me "Are you saying that you like my model best?", whch was hard to understand through Brian's sniffling and crying from being so choked up, being the decent guy that I am, I did not want to put too fine point on this. Besides have any of you ever heard a grown Texan crying? Its not a pretty sound....So rather than risk having Brian get on a plane and fly to Maryland and hug me for saying this, or shoot me before I could make a retraction, I just let the conversation drop as it was.

Brian, I'm glad that you are happy. Now grab a tissue, dry your eyes and blow your nose. You're a grown man for goodness sake, and a Texan besides!!!!

Jeff

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
I'm afraid the jury is still out on the "grown" portion Jeff ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL....What I actually said is that I thought that the rig and hull design of the Catalina 400 represented a different and more modern approach than the earlier Catalinas, and as such I liked that model best of the Catalinas. So Brian is quoting me correctly but out of context.

This conversation occurred over the phone and when Brian repeated back to me "Are you saying that you like my model best?", whch was hard to understand through Brian's sniffling and crying from being so choked up, being the decent guy that I am, I did not want to put too fine point on this. Besides have any of you ever heard a grown Texan crying? Its not a pretty sound....So rather than risk having Brian get on a plane and fly to Maryland and hug me for saying this, or shoot me before I could make a retraction, I just let the conversation drop as it was.

Brian, I'm glad that you are happy. Now grab a tissue, dry your eyes and blow your nose. You're a grown man for goodness sake, and a Texan besides!!!!

Jeff

A simple, "That's what I said, and Brian is right!" would have done. You didn't need all that ad-lib. Yep, I think I liked my version of the story better. But hey!! I'll take what I can get!!

Brian

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Was the initial question - "Jeff, which do you think is the better sailing vessel: my C400 or an offshore weather buoy?"

Hey Jeff - while we have you, go over to the "production boats" thread and give us some REAL perspective will ya?

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
So, CD is misquoting you by omitting the rest of the quote... Why AM I NOT SURPRISED... :rolleyes: :laugher:laugher:laugher:laugher:laugher

Jeff

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I knew Jeff didn't lose his mind.:) Brian has dilutions of grander.:D

:laugher :laugher :laugher :laugher :laugher

1 - 20 of 20 Posts