SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any information about this sailboat would be appreciated. Trying to find designer, past owner''s experience and value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever get any info on the Seahorse? I have just "inherited" one and I have been unable to find anything other than an old brochure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yankee Seahorse 24

Designed by Robert Finch

Boat is very similar to Yankee 26 and Yankee 28. It is not at all similar to the Yankee Dolphin 24 or the Yankee 30.

The Good: Heavy hand laid glass. Sails well, easy to rig. Lot's of neat design features for the time period. Big boat feel.

The Bad: Boat is a little smaller scale of the 26 and keeping as close to the fixed design as possible, the rudder pulls up from the bottom of the boat. Not a lot of fun if you forget to attach it well, or forget to unattach after pulling the boat from the water. Keel is also like the fin keel of the 26 cut to a stub and a center-board thrown in.

Love all Yankee sailboats and have owned the 28, Seahorse 24, and Dolphin 24 and sailed offshore many times on a 30. Seahorse was not my favorite boat, but a far better boat than a Catalina 22 and close to a Cal 25 of the same era.

Lines of the Searhorse, 26 and 28 are awesome and turns heads everywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts