SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
I also have a Yanmar 2GM (specifically the 2GM20F). I've never been asked which version I have when purchasing parts. However it is important to know which sub-model you have. The belts are different on the 2GM20F then a 2GM or 2GM20 due to the extra water pump used on the freshwater version of the engine.

You can't order most Yanmar parts online except from local dealers anyway, they have a very protective dealer network. There are two Yanmar dealers within 4 miles of my boat, so I just buy parts there. The online prices (from stores that I can't use) don't seem to be much cheaper anyway.

There should be two fuel filters on your boat. There is one attached to the Yanmar that is standardized. The other is mounted close to the fuel tank and varies boat to boat. You'll need to look at it to get the model number when purchasing filters. As an example my boat uses Racor 200 filters for that primary fuel filter, where a friend's boat that has the same Yanmar as my boat uses Racor 500 filters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts