SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been under the impression I had a 2GM20(f) (because thats the manual I got with the boat from the PO) and now I think I have a 2GM20 (because I bought a part that didn't fit, and finally looked at the ID plate on the engine (DUH!). I looked at the manual again and it only confused me more. I think the (f) is for freshwater, but can someone explain the difference. My engine is raw water cooled, and I can tell you the water pump shaft on the (f) is larger, as the bearings I bought (thinking it was an (f)) were too large for my pump. Anyway, whats the difference?:confused:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My 3GM30F has the same manual as the non-freshwater version. If you have a anti-freeze reservoir tank, then you have the Freshwater version motor.
DrB
So they are referring to "fresh" vs. "raw" water, and if you have a closed cooling circuit (with heat exchanger, etc.) it's an (f)? The lady at Yanmar made it more complicated than that. Well, if so, that clears that up. Sadly, I definitely don't have an F. Terrible thing to do to a diesel:( !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.