SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a link to the Yanmar Service Manual for a 2QM15 on PDF file for anyone who needs it. No cost to you...no advertising...just passing on a helping hand. Cheers. Copy and paste the link into your navigation bar:

j30.us/files/2qm15_servicemanual.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aprisa SJ 28, thank you for the pdf! I'm using it to rebuild my 2QM15 right now! Have you had any experience doing that? If so, I've a few questions I'd like to ask.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Great engine. Great service manual.

KBW-10 on my 40 yo 2QM15 started slipping badly in August. Tried to find a replacement. Found a couple on line for a bit under $3K USD. Tried to find a mechanic who would fix it...$1-1.5 USD plus shipping.

Decided to tear into using the manual as a guide last week. Was able to get it disassembled without the special tools the manual called for. As expected, I found the sintered copper and steel plates in the clutches worn. Ordered them and new needle bearings, a bushing, oil seal, o-ring, a shim set...$590 delivered...arriving next week.

Gotta get a special tool built by the local machine shop (Yanmar wants $220 for the tool) this week.

Then I'll put it back together.

I'm not a mechanic, but I can read a good book, and that manual is a good book.

Love that engine. It should last another 20 years.

·
May God Bless You
126 Posts
Decided to tear into using the manual as a guide last week. Was able to get it disassembled without the special tools the manual called for.

I'm not a mechanic, but I can read a good book, and that manual is a good book.

Love that engine. It should last another 20 years.
thanks for the inspiration
jon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for the link.I just bought a sailing boat (Amigo 27) that has this diesel engine. Will be very helpful.

Gekaka (Ouddorp Holland)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts