SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Kanzaki KM2P gearbox on our Yanmar 3gm30f.

Does anyone know if the mark on the end of the dipstick indicates maximum or minimum for the oil level (re. the attached photo ) ?

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wow, yours has a dip stick, very cool. Mine has two plugs in the side, one for draining and one higher up for filling. Much like a planetary wheel hub would have.
I would guess that you would need to fill it to that line as there is no other indication on the stick. A Yanmar dealer should be able to confirm that over the phone.

Reactions: carlager

·
Registered
701 Posts
Its neither min or max. Fill up to the line. Its pretty difficult to see when you have nice clean oil. Shine a torchlight on the tip to see better.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
The scribed line is the Max line and the Min level is at the bottom of the dip stick. Do not screw in the dip stick when reading the transmission oil level as described in the owner/service manual(s).

·
Irrationally Exuberant
1,417 Posts
The scribed line is the Max line and the Min level is at the bottom of the dip stick. Do not screw in the dip stick when reading the transmission oil level as described in the owner/service manual(s).
That's what I've read. And screwing back in vs. not is a crucial distinction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts