SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I guess I've been fortunate to deal with extremely detailed and honest boat yards (Southern Yachts and Port Isabel Ship Yard). But, most yards give you a very detailed, written estimate, i.e. $/ft for a bottom job + $ for upgrading the bottom paint - and I assume that's what you started off with. If they are charging you for any unauthorized work, go talk to them, with their estimate in hand and say: Here's what we agreed you would do and here's a check for that work. Now, let's talk about the off-estimate work you did and what's fair considering the fact that you didn't get approval before performing this work.
BTW, where do you sail?

·
Registered
652 Posts
John: I sail (or will) out of Port Washington, which is on Long Island in NY. Am I correct in guessing that you think there is a Texas connection?
Best of luck and fair winds when she's ready to take you sailing. I wasn't sure, where you were, but everyone's welcome down here in Texas where boats stay in the water year around and winter is the best sailing weather - not so hot and the winds are stronger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.