SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
I use Mequiars #44 Marine Color Restore to polish the hull (1-coat) and then two or three layers of Mequiars #56 Marine Pure Wax to finish it off. After two coats it looks good but three last all season long. Easy to apply and easy to remove, as long as it's 50-degrees or better. In colder weather it's tougher to remove. Whole process from wash down to final wax coat is do able in a weekend. With two working it could be one long hard day to complete.

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
Jos,

I use an orbital buffer for removal, hand pad for application. A friend, former owner of an '80 Sabre 30 MkI, does hand application and hand removal of the same products except for the last coat, which is taken off with an orbital. I don't know why other than he just likes it that way. The results were equally great for both of us.

Be cautious of non-orbital high-speed buffers. Unless you know what you are doing, and are very careful with the tool, you run the risk of "burning" the finish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.