SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Telstar 28
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya, and tell the weather goddess to be nice to the O'Day 30 with the two sailors from PA on it. :)

Telstar 28
:D Good on ya... thanks for the update. :)

Telstar 28
When was the last time you hailed someone on a VHS-which is a video tape format, rather than a VHF, which is a type of marine radio.

hail1鈥傗/he瑟l/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [heyl] Show IPA
-verb (used with object) 1. to cheer, salute, or greet; welcome.
2. to acclaim; approve enthusiastically: The crowds hailed the conquerors. They hailed the recent advances in medicine.
3. to call out to in order to stop, attract attention, ask aid, etc.: to hail a cab.

-verb (used without object) 4. to call out in order to greet, attract attention, etc.: The people on land hailed as we passed in the night.

-noun 5. a shout or call to attract attention: They answered the hail of the marooned boaters.
6. a salutation or greeting: a cheerful hail.
7. the act of hailing.

Okay, I'm missing the typo...and I hate to find I've made a typo...please explain.

Thanks...MGM

Telstar 28
:D Any photos... no photos, and it didn't happen... :)

Just a quick update! I forgot to mention when we left on the trip down the Delaware River, my racor filter finally quit filtering all those little 10 micronites! So there we were, Michele who still is learning to sail and me changing the filter cartridge! 20 mins! (gotta be a speed record there!) Anyway we chugged along for the rest of the day and night (the 17th) On the head of Delaware bay in the wee hrs of the morning we were in 4-6ft seas! Yeehaw! seasaw! rockabyebaby?

Cheseapeak city was nice as always. Made it to Great Oaks, Naw! I wasn't nervous entering the inlet! That night the weather really went bad! 30-40 mph (not for me) So we stayed and waited until Monday morning. We had to endure following seas of 2-3 ft all the way to the Bay bridge. Suddenly the winds died and we had to wing and wing south for most of the day in much calmer water. When we rounded bloody point we were able to sail all the way into St, Michaels harbor area. We arrived in St Michaels that evening. Still here! sitting in the tap room at Carpenter Street saloon. it's on main street a short walk up from the town dock. Leaving for Annapolis in the morning! But! We may drop the hook at dobbins island. All for now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.