SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From The British Virgin Islands to Florida or Texas or maybe N. or S. Carolina. I have a 1985 40 ft Beneteau First series bluewater proven Boat.
I am A Shipwrite in the BVI and have to get to States because my Wife is seriously ill. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
A flight to Houston is under $700; to Miami, under $600. Your wife will probably appreciate your expedited arrival. How long will it take to assemble a crew recruited over SailNet?

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,241 Posts
From The British Virgin Islands to Florida or Texas or maybe N. or S. Carolina. I have a 1985 40 ft Beneteau First series bluewater proven Boat.
I am A Shipwrite in the BVI and have to get to States because my Wife is seriously ill. Email me at [email protected]
As a new and first-time boat owner, if you want to move the boat you should hire a professional captain. The captain and his time to get the boat properly prepared will be expensive.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
If your wife is seriously ill...take a plane...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Wife is ill enough that we can NOT continue to live in the BVI because she will need on going health care in the USA where are insurance and the complicated nature of her illness can be best used to increase her quality of life and we can at least live aboard our boat and sail USA waters. My Wife has already went home to TX and we miss each other alot and cannot really afford to hire a Capt. But the Beneteau First is in excellent condition and made the trip here and can make the trip back. Of course I will pay some expenses, and if crew needs some fun time (diving, sight seeing, please can we stop here or stop their) than I will accomodate. This is a very dissapointing time for me and I would appreciate it if you didn,t make this into some sick joke as to how I am trying to screw someone for my own selfishness and arrogance.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Peoples.......you know what ? Before you jump down someone's throat cos you suspect something scammish why not read some of their earlier posts.

There is nothing in his history to suggest he is anything other than a regular SailNet user.

I don't know the guy, don't think we've ever crossed threads but my suspicion is that he is genuine.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Crew Wanted has always been the place where vitriol flows freely. For some reason it seems we believe that people only ask for crew to satisfy some desire for personal enrichment or to quench some deep, dark, sinister urge.

There are folks that really need crew. For valid reasons. Often in very sensitive and trying times.

Whilst it is true that there are some whack-jobs here, we should take the time to separate the real ones from the chancers first.

But still this forum grabs the opportunity to take the piss.

John, I hope you get your crew, I am unfortunately a bit far from you.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
My Wife is ill enough that we can NOT continue to live in the BVI because she will need on going health care in the USA where are insurance and the complicated nature of her illness can be best used to increase her quality of life and we can at least live aboard our boat and sail USA waters.
Having been through something similar myself, I can understand your need to move. However, your first post was rather skimpy on details and it sounded like she had just taken ill and was in Texas, rather than it being a more serious chronic issue and that she had moved back to Texas. Context changes a lot.

My Wife has already went home to TX and we miss each other alot and cannot really afford to hire a Capt. But the Beneteau First is in excellent condition and made the trip here and can make the trip back. Of course I will pay some expenses, and if crew needs some fun time (diving, sight seeing, please can we stop here or stop their) than I will accomodate. This is a very dissapointing time for me and I would appreciate it if you didn,t make this into some sick joke as to how I am trying to screw someone for my own selfishness and arrogance.
I wish you the best of luck in finding crew. I would highly recommend you look at sailopo.com for crew. It would help if you said what your expected departure date and arrival dates were.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a crew and it looks like it will be a win, win situation for all. Thanks for some of the kind words and prayers.

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Quality of Life

Good for you John! Go for the most and best you can together. Good sailing, beautifle sunsets, peace and all the best to you both.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Fair winds and let us know how the voyage goes. :)
I have a crew and it looks like it will be a win, win situation for all. Thanks for some of the kind words and prayers.

·
Banned
273 Posts
I would do it in a minute, but I'm not skilled enough yet. I sure hope you have a great crew, and your wife is doing well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts