SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many great boats owned on here and I was thinking today what my favorite one is, there are so many nice ones. The ones that stick in my mind though are Giulietta, Simon's Ericson 39B, John Pollard's PSC 31, sailortjk1 Beneteau 361 is beautiful with that unique color scheme, Jim H's Cal 20 (his other boat's cool too, but I really like his Cal 20), and many others I can't recall at the moment. But I think my favorite is Simon's Ericson, Goodonya. Beautiful boat, and it's been there, done that.

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
My favorite Sailnet member boat is MINE-MINE-MINE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I'm personally fond of the boat half owned by the sailnet babe known as MMR.

It's a seriously sweet Gemini 105MC. I might be partial, so what.

·
2002 Catalina 270
1,584 Posts
Our Pearson 27 "At Last" is my fav... love her!!! I will also say that having sailed Giulietta, she is one beautiful boat asthetically as well as in performance. all i can really say is... WOW. there are many awesome boats here on SN... too many to list.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
well, MY boat IS hollywood.
The boat that don johnson lived aboard in Miami Vice is an Endeavour 42. All I need now is a pet alligator!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
BEst for laughs, "Old Shoe"

Best sailing "Old Shoe"

Best looking "Old Shoe"

Which do I not want "Old Shoe"

new boat I'd like and can afford " SF3200, Dehler 34, X34, 35 or 37"

Of those owned "In avitar":D

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
I was quite fond of Cam's boat; though now I suppose it does not qualify. Labatt's Passport 40 is nice, as is JohnPollards PSC

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, but are you guys really talking about our shanty boat!?:confused:

We don't exactly keep her "bristol", although I guess she does clean up nicely (but see what happens when you're a cheapskate and you don't replace all the canvas at the same time!:( ):

Okay, now for my nominations: Besides many of the boats mentioned previously, two that spring immediately to mind and that I always drool over are MaineSail's CS36, which (unlike our boat) he keeps absolutely immaculate, and then there's Jim Malkin's Passport 50, which sits so beautifully on her lines.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
Thanks Ajari! You should see her now in "cruising mode" - below waterline, jerrycans on her rails, dinghy on the foredeck, two outboards on the stern rail, etc. Quite different, but she's still pleasing to me! I have to agree with John about Jim Malkin's Passport 50 though - she's a beaut!

A nice pic of my Pelican...

·
Super Moderator
6,762 Posts
I

While I do like my own boat a lot, I really LOVE Jim's Malkin's boat TARONGA the Passport 50.

I took these photos of her when we ran into him in Tennants Harbor, ME. She's a stunner!!

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
If I were picking one to be my next boat, it would be Alex's interpretation of a custom RACER/cruiser. Pleasing to the eye and very functional in all senses.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I had not opened this up and did not realise I was involved.
Thanks for the vote Emkay. Much appreciated.

Im with Val I like the Brewer Pilot House.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love the look and colour of the Passport 50 TARONGA. I have always been partial to Mainesail's CS36 (I really wanted one for myself as it was the first keel boat I was ever on) but my favourite is Giuletta. Functionality, speed, comfort. A great combination.

·
2002 Catalina 270
1,584 Posts
I really like Whampoa's 1962 40' Auxiliary Cutter... i haven't seen her in person yet but i'm hoping to take a look this weekend. I would never be able to maintain a boat like that but if i had the money... maybe. :)

My old wooden shoe :D

·
Courtney the Dancer
3,971 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, I didn't expect any pilothouse boats to be in this thread! I'll pass them on to Ted Brewer, he did a nice job on her lines. I really like that Passport 50, always makes me do a double take when I see the avatar pic, another beaut is that Hinkley Bermuda 40, sorry can't remember whose it is. I also really like the looks of Cam's old boat, and Labatt's, and Erps Fraser, and Main's CS, and, and, ...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts