SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
19,489 Posts
25 feet long and 11 foot beam??? Those'd be some davits!! :eek: ;)

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I have seen that thing before, and can't figure out what good it is except as a tender to mega yachts. But for those it seems to be a pretty good option compared to what many are using. The fully enclosed deck makes it easy to get to shore without getting water on you $5,000 pair of socks.

·
Sea Sprite 23 #110 (20)
3,217 Posts
yes, lets make boats like today's cars.. with no reason or way to enjoy the outdoors as we zip around in a luxury cacoon that isolates us from all those unpleasant things like fresh air

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
25 feet long and 11 foot beam??? Those'd be some davits!! :eek: ;)
Oh come on now. If your yacht is not big enough to handle a mere 25'er hanging off the stern then you are simply not trying hard enough. :p

I have seen that thing before, and can't figure out what good it is except as a tender to mega yachts. But for those it seems to be a pretty good option compared to what many are using. The fully enclosed deck makes it easy to get to shore without getting water on you $5,000 pair of socks.
Ptooey, the socks will dry out quickly enough but getting my loafers damp is not on. Not on at all. Really, you need to sort out your priorities.

·
713 Posts
Oh come on now. If your yacht is not big enough to handle a mere 25'er hanging off the stern then you are simply not trying hard enough. :p
25! What are we? savages?

You aren't really a friend unless you can afford to give a 75' luxury sailboat to a bud to use as a tender. And I mean if you didn't give them a place to park it too that would just be gauche.

Le Grande Blue

He GAVE it to a friend because he got a bigger boat.

·
Frozen Member
565 Posts
Forget using it as a dink, how about the pool party accessory package?

DJ Mousy Mouse is kinda freekin me out though.

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,258 Posts
I can see this vessel as a water taxi shuttling people around between their anchored boat and to shore. Maybe something for Key West? Other islands?

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,258 Posts
25! What are we? savages?

You aren't really a friend unless you can afford to give a 75' luxury sailboat to a bud to use as a tender. And I mean if you didn't give them a place to park it too that would just be gauche.

Le Grande Blue

He GAVE it to a friend because he got a bigger boat.
I would be curious to see how it's even launched and in what process... Launch the sailboat, get closer to shore, then launch the dinghy? :D

It does look like it fits well there on the deck.

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Most of the vessels of this nature I've seen had lots of hydraulics, enclosed cranes and lifts that were used to move not only boats, but additionally cars, vans, and in one instance, in the Med, I saw one with a party bus aboard. That boat measured about 250 feet of so, had a massive storage area beneath the aft deck, two cars, half-dozen jet skis, a Boston Whaler, and a 47-foot sport fisherman on the main deck.

I still may have some photos around here,

Gary :cool:

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
What's amazingly obscene is that often the yacht doesn't have any of that stuff on it. That's what the second 'Shadow vessel' is for. They are the ones tasked with carrying all the stuff, like the extra boats, helicopters, cars, I guess busses, submarines, ect.

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Here's the most luxurious yacht I've ever seen and it belongs to golfer Greg Norman.

Somewhere in my archives I have photos of the interior as well - it's beyond your widest dreams.

Yes, I'm jealous,

Gary ;)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I would be curious to see how it's even launched and in what process... Launch the sailboat, get closer to shore, then launch the dinghy? :D

It does look like it fits well there on the deck.
It has a crane centre mounted alongside the sailing boat. The reason is because there is a similar sized luxury motor launch on the starboard deck as well. The same crane puts both "tenders" in the water.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, I'm jealous
That would get boring fast... a giant yacht like that makes traveling so comfortable and easy that you're isolated from experiencing and being challenged by the place you travelled to.

If one needs that much physical comfort, they might as well get a bedpan, and a catheter so they can just watch TV for the rest of their life without the discomfort of having to stand or move.

·
Large Member
299 Posts
That would get boring fast... a giant yacht like that makes traveling so comfortable and easy that you're isolated from experiencing and being challenged by the place you travelled to.

If one needs that much physical comfort, they might as well get a bedpan, and a catheter so they can just watch TV for the rest of their life without the discomfort of having to stand or move.
If that's Greg Norman's boat, I don't think he fits your description of one who would own it.

Admit it, You're jealous too...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts