SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Banned
Reaction score
I have shaft zincs (2) as well as a zinc at the end of my maxprop. I have started to also put a large zinc over the side when on the mooring connected to the grounded system.

I noted that the zincs on the shaft are lasting much longer with this latest change but the prop zinc still disappeared quickly.

Is the prop zinc more active, or its position unique that causes it go faster than the zincs on the prop? My goal was to have the prop zinc last all season so I didn't need to have a diver replace it mid-season.

Thanks for any insights.
Having installed many hundreds of Max Prop zincs, I can tell you that my experience is that on many boats they do not last as long as other zincs, regardless of manufactured them. Why this is, I cannot say.

Banned
Reaction score
funny you understood it pretty good on the other forum
I'm pretty sure neither you or anybody else made that statement on the other forum. But since you've made it here and it's about as clear as mud, maybe you can enlighten me as to why electrical current would find it "so much easier to go to the zinc on the prop" as opposed to the shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.